- This event has passed.
May 25 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm SAST
Dear Climate Change academics and decision makers,
We have completed the SARUA programme on Climate Change with the following achieved:
Enhanced capacity of the SADC universities to support member states to implement climate change and mitigation strategies, to engage in climate change negotiations and conduct climate change policy analysis.
Specific objectives of the Intra-ACP funded SADC programme
(OC-1) A SADC climate change capacity development network of universities revitalised over a two-year period, active in contributing to member state capacity development for national climate adaptation and mitigation strategies.
(OC-2) A SADC-wide e-learning and collaboration environment established (a digital academic eco-system), with pilot e-learning of at least two modules of the SARUA Master’s curriculum and two short courses implemented over a two-year period.
Please join us when we share the lessons learnt and move forward on this most important global threat.
Emerging issues to be addressed are:
- Climate Mitigation v adaptation;
- Climate change and global warming; Does climate change impact on sustainable development?;
- The global world has come up with a series of strategies and agendas to mitigate the effects of climate change. Are they working?;
- The nature of trans-disciplinary knowledge co-production is important. How can it work in HE?;
- The curriculum has been developed. Is it useful? Will you use it and how?;
- Around 50 climate specialists worked together. What are the lessons learnt collaborating in the virtual environment?
DATE: 25 May 14:00-17:30
DURATION:: 3.5 hours (210 minutes)
ZOOM LINK: Register online
FEES: Entrance free
INVITATION: Download the invitation
AGENDA: Download the agenda